Toxins and How They Are Affecting You
While watching what you put in your body by way of food is extremely important, there are a few more ways that toxins are getting into your system and affecting your health. One of those ways is through what you put on your body, specifically your makeup and personal hygiene products. Another is through what you bring into the environment of your home to be used as cleaning products or scent enhancers.
We, as a culture, have not been taught that being aware of these matters to our health. In fact, we have been conditioned to look the other way. We have been assured that "someone else" is making sure these products are safe for ourselves and our families. Well, unfortunately, that simply isn't the case.
Here are a few facts to take into consideration:
- On average women are exposed to 168 chemical ingredients per day, from beauty products alone.
For men the number is 85.
- 33% of the personal care products on the market have at least one ingredient in them that is linked to cancer.
- 45% of them contain an ingredient linked to reproductive or developmental problems.
- 60% contain chemicals that can mimic estrogen and cause hormone disruption.
- Hundreds of these chemicals have been found to be present in the cord blood of newborn babies.
- Cancer and childhood brain disorders are on a steep rise.
- Today's children have a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
These statistics both shock me and make me scared.
What I am grateful for is that I am being exposed to these truths.
What I am passionate about is talking to others to help them discover the truth as well.
Trying to wade through all of this information by yourself can be down right intimidating!
I can help. You have options. Fill in the form below to get in touch with me and we can discuss how I may be able to help!